IPL is a member of the Public Libraries in Jefferson County which means we share resources with all 40 member public libraries in Jefferson County.
Patrons in Jefferson County need only one library card to access all of the materials and services available at public libraries in Jefferson County.
We are located at 105 20th Street South Irondale, AL 35210.
Our phone number is 205-951-1415.
With your active library card, you can check out books, DVDs/blu-rays, music CDs, magazines; or access our digital collection that includes nearly 35,000 downloadable eBooks and audiobooks, as well as reference databases. Irondale residents have some added benefits:
– streaming music, TV shows, movies and downloadable books from Hoopla
– access to over 500 online courses from Universal Class
– Streaming and downloadable music from Freegal
– digital magazines from Zinio
Our collection grows daily.
Our services include:
Notary Public by appointment ($5)
Fax services ($1/ page)
Free Computer Access
Laptop Checkouts (in-house)
Color printing and photocopies
Public Meeting Room – available for reservation*
Online access to Homework Help (a service of Tutor.com and the AVL)
* In order to reserve the meeting room, patrons must agree to the Meeting Room Regulations and fill out a Meeting Room Application within three days of booking the room. Please call the library for scheduling and availability.