We’re happy to welcome you back in to the Irondale Library!
We are open to the public for limited browsing
- Monday- Wednesday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
- and Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Curbside service continues Monday- Thursday 10:00 am – 5:30pm and Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Some things have changed, so here’s our plan for making your visit as safe and efficient as possible.
How we’re keeping you safe:
- Staff wear masks at all times while in the library
- Social distancing of 6 feet between patrons and staff
- Occupancy limit for IPL: 14
- Protective plexi screens at the front desk
- Hand sanitizer for public use
- All returned materials are quarantined for up to 7 days
- Cleaning wipes available for public PCs
- We’ve put away most children’s toys until further notice
- Limited seating is available
What you can do to help:
- Don’t come if you don’t feel well
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times
- Limit your visit to 1 hour and avoid lingering
- Maintain at least a 6 foot distance from others
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently throughout your visit
- Don’t bring food or drink
- Browse and check out materials
- Return items to the labeled return bin inside the glass double doors
- Pick up holds
- Get a library card
- Get assistance with your account
- For any paid transactions- Debit or credit preferred. Cash: small bills only, limited change available. No checks.
- Four computers will be available first come, first serve. There is a 45 minute time limit that cannot be extended
- Printing and scanning
- Notary- by appointment. $5 per seal.
- Curbside service
We’re not quite ready for:
- In-person computer assistance
- Newspapers and magazines
- In- person public programs in the library
- Meeting room reservations