5:00 pm: Teens are invited to meet author Chandra Sparks Splond. She is a blogger, editor, speaker and award-winning author. Her young adult novel The Pledge was a YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers. She is also the author of Spin it Like That, He’s Got Game, The Promise, You’ve Gotta Have Faith, and The Greatest Gift of All.
6:00 pm: Author/illustrator Matthew Holm (illustrator of Babymouse, Squish, Sunny Side Up, and more fantastic books!) is visiting us via Skype. Do you have a question for Matthew? Submit it online here.
Our April calendar is available for download, or pick up a copy in the library. We have a busy month ahead.
The gardening discussion with David Doggett, Surprising Things I Learned in Master Gardener Class has been rescheduled to Monday, April 11 at 6pm.
The team from Gambrell Financial Advisors will be here to on Thursday, April 21 at 10 am to discuss upcoming changes to Social Security benefits.
Teens are invited learn about and create their own Henna tattoos on Tuesday, April 19 at 4:30 pm.
All of these events are free.
Our digital library just got a whole lot bigger!
We are so excited to share a new service for the residents of Irondale. Hoopla! digital provides library card holders with free access to digital movies, TV shows, audiobooks, music, ebooks, and comics.
Create an account, and log-in with your library card.
The lending periods are:
Movies/ TV shows: 3 days
Music: 7 days
Audiobooks: 21 days
* Most devices are supported, to see a list of tested devices click here.
Irondale Library now offers access to Universal Class.
Patrons have access to over 500 online, non-credit, continuing education courses.
First time users, must register using their active library card.
To access Universal Class, use the link below:
- Patrons must be Irondale residents. If you are an Irondale resident and unable to set up an account, please email Librarian@IrondaleLibrary.org.
- There are a wide range of topics from personal finance to yoga 101
- A valid email address is required
- Enroll in up to 5 courses at a time with 6 months to finish each course
- Courses are available online 24/7
- Each course has a real instructor who you may communicate with using e-mail
- It’s Free
Irondale Library patrons have unlimited access to complete digital magazines from Zinio!
Each magazine can easily be viewed on most Internet-enabled devices inside or outside of the library. Zinio’s unique technology digitally recreates a magazine page for page, including full color pictures, intuitive navigation, key word article search and interactive elements such as audio and video.
A few of the popular titles available: Better Homes& Gardens, Us Weekly, National Geographic, Rolling Stone, Discover, Cosmopolitan and many more!
To access Irondale Library’s digital magazine collection click here
Please note: You will need to create a new account with our library collection and Zinio.
Professional tutors are available online, FREE, for Alabama residents.
This service is made possible by the Alabama Public Library Service.
One Service- Three areas of help:
- Student Center
- Students and adult learners can receive specialized one-to-one tutoring help in the areas of math, science, English, social studies and writing. This service is also available in Spanish. Professional tutors are available online from 3pm – 10pm Sunday through Thursday.
- Career Center by Tutor.com
- Receive one-to-one, real-time assistance with your job search. Online tutors are available to help navigate online job sites, complete applications, write/review resumes and cover letters and even practice for an interview. Career tutors are available online 24/7.
- Adult Education Center by Tutor.com
- Going back to school? Preparing for your GED? Taking the Citizenship Test? Get the help you need, real-time tutoring in math, science, English, social studies, writing, GED preparation and citizenship preparation. See how it works before you connect. http://www.youtube.com/tutordotcom#p/u/0/Nb4EKtQg-XQ. Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking tutors are available 1:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Central Time.