The Friends of IPL is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Their purpose is to raise funds for programs, projects and items not budgeted for the library by the city of Irondale. The Friends support and promote the library and its users.
Membership is open everyone.
The Irondale Library would like to say “Thank You for being a Friend!” The Friends of IPL have contributed so much to making our library a great place to be for all ages. Here’s a sample of their accomplishments:
– Sponsored programs: Chalk Walk Art Contest, Bunko Night, Coffee tasting with Red Bike Coffee and Storyteller Dolores Hydock.
– Sponsored Summer Reading Grand prizes including bicycles, an iPod nano and more.
– Purchased a Wii system and games.
– Hosted the annual Whistle Stop Festival Book Sale for 4 years.
– Represented the Irondale Library at local community events like the annual Spring Fest and Irondale Whistle Stop Festival.
– Implemented and managed fundraiser/ recycling project for used ink cartridges.
Congratulations ! In December 2014, Friends executive committee members Ann Steves and Sue Sweatt were honored by the Jefferson County Public Library Association with the Library Champion Award.
The Friends Executive Committee has done a world of good for the library and the Irondale community. Thank you Ann, Sue, and all of the Friends of IPL.