Readers and listeners of all ages can participate in summer reading May 16-July 23!
This year’s summer reading celebrates The World Games and features a variety of reading activities to choose from.
How it works:
- Choose from nearly 40 different reading activities themed around each of the sports in The World Games, from reading a book you hadn’t heard of before (Korfball) to making something from a cookbook (Squash). You do NOT need to complete every activity.
- Log your activities online or on paper (more details below).
- Choose from 8 grand prizes and get one entry into the grand prize drawing every time you complete an activity from the reading activities log.
- For every 5 activities you complete on the reading activities log, select a prize from the prize cart or a book from the book sale (up to six prizes).
- Everyone who registers for summer reading between May 16 and June 30 will have the chance to win two tickets to The World Games closing ceremony.
Not sure what to read for some of the activities? Find suggestions at irondalelibrary.beanstack.org/lists. Book lists will be added throughout the summer.
Each book/audiobook may only be counted for one activity. Activities may not be repeated.
Complete 5 activities from the Summer Reading Activities and earn a prize. Limit 6 prizes. Choose from the prizes for your age group at the library.
Get an entry for the grand prize drawing of your choice (see below) for every activity you complete.
Prizes must be picked up by August 6 and cannot be mailed.
Grand Prize Drawings: