CLEAN as a WHISTLE” Campaign in Irondale
April 18-25, 2015
Help clean-up your neighborhood by participating in our “Clean as a Whistle” campaign. This is a great opportunity to get rid of that treasured trash and annoying clutter. Bags are available from Irondale Public Works Dept.: 951-1420.
City employees will pick-up the following materials left at the curb during the week of April 18-25th:
• Tree Limbs/tree trunks (not from contractors)
• Bagged grass and leaves
• Paint cans (open and dry, Fill with dirt)
• Building materials (not from contractors)
Batteries, tires and oil will NOT be collected.
Abandoned vehicles (vehicles with an expired tag that have not been moved within 20 days) may be reported to the City Inspector for removal. Call 956-9200 with the address and the location of the vehicle on the property.
• Get those weed eaters, lawnmowers, rakes and shrub clippers cranked up!
• Clean out the basement and maybe the garage so that it can be used as intended!
• Lend a hand to your elderly and handicapped neighbors to clean their property!
We take pride in our community. Show your civic pride by working together to keep and make the City of Irondale “CLEAN as a WHISTLE”
Sponsored by the Exchange Club of Irondale (XCI) with the State of Alabama “Don’t Drop It ON Alabama” Spring Cleanup, Adopt-a-Mile Program, Alabama PALS (People Against a Littered State), Clean Campuses Program and the Public Works Dept.-City of Irondale.