- Returns accepted Mon – Thur 10 am – 5:30 pm and Fri 10 am – 1 pm. See below for details.
- Curbside hours Mon – Thur 10 am – 5:30 pm and Fri 10 am – 1 pm. See below for details.
- The Irondale Public Library remains closed to the public until further notice. However, staff are available by phone and email Monday through Thursday 9:00 am -5:30 and Friday 9:00am – 1:00 pm to answer your questions, help you find information, and assist with your online access to the digital library 205.951.1415 or email@example.com
- We will post updates about library operations here and on the library Facebook page
We miss our patrons and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I return my items?
- Items may be returned Monday – Thursday 10:00am – 5:30pm and Friday, 10:00 am – 1:00pm to the bin, inside the double doors. There will be signs.
- Returned items will be quarantined for up-to 7 days before being checked-in.
- They will stay on your account until they are checked-in. No fines will be assessed during this time.
Staff are not allowed to accept items handed to them directly.
How will Curbside Service work at Irondale Library?
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 5:30pm, Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
When you have items ready for pick-up, staff will contact you.
When you arrive
- Pull up to the front or side of Irondale Library
- Call 205-951-1415, press 1
- Please remain in your car while we bring out your bagged items
- Once your bag is on the pick-up table, you may exit your car and pick up your bag. Your receipt is in the bag
- The pickup table is inside the glass double doors
- Staff are not allowed to accept returned items handed directly to them. Library returns may be placed in the designated plastic bin inside the double doors of the library.
What kind of digital resources are available?
Our digital collection is available instantly, 24/7. Irondale residents have free access to eBooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, online classes, language learning, live tutoring, and more at https://www.irondalelibrary.org/ebooks-and-more/ and https://www.irondalelibrary.org/resources/online-learning/
How do I get help with the app or online services?
Library staff are available Monday through Friday Call 205-951-1415, listen to the announcement and follow the prompt to reach a staff member. Email us at Librarian@IrondaleLibrary.org
Can I get a card while the library is closed?
Yes, you will be able to open a temporary e-card to access certain online materials. The e-card will not expire until after the library reopens. Visit https://www.jclc.org/aboutjclc/faqs/ecards.aspx to learn more. However, we will not be able to open standard library accounts until we reopen.
How do I renew items?
Items may be renewed online or by calling the library. Visit www.JCLC.org and click on My Account. Enter your library bar code number and your PIN. You may then review your account including holds, dates due, and renewals. Library staff are glad to assist you. Call 205-951-1415 to speak to a staff member about your account.
Will there be penalties for overdue items?
No, there will be no late fines or other penalties levied on any items currently checked out. Replacement charges for lost or damaged items will still pertain.
What if my library card expires?
You may renew your card online at http://www.jclc.org/resources/onlinerenewal.htm. Library staff are happy to assist with renewing your library card. Call 205-951-1415 to speak to a staff member.
How do I reset my PIN?
PINs can be reset at https://vulcan.bham.lib.al.us/pinreset. Type in your library card number where indicated and click the submit button. You will receive an email sent to the address associated with your library account with a link to choose a new PIN.
Can I still reserve the Meeting Room?
No, the library building is totally closed to the public.
New information is being rapidly released & the library may further limit operations for the protection of our patrons, our community, and staff.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns: 205-951-1415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.