- You may begin returning materials Wednesday, May 27 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. All returned items will be quarantined up-to 7 days before being checked-in, then returned to our shelves. No late fees will be assessed during this time.
- Curbside pickup will begin on Monday, June 1. See below for details.
- The Irondale Public Library remains closed to the public until further notice. However, staff are available by phone and email Monday through Friday 9:00 am -4:00 pm to answer your questions, help you find information, and assist with your online access to the digital library 205.951.1415 or email@example.com
- The due date for all items has been extended to at least June 1
- We will post updates about library operations here and on the library Facebook page
We miss our patrons and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
How will Curbside Service work at Irondale Library?
Curbside service begins June 1. Curbside Service hours: Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm – 5:30pm, Friday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Staff will wear face masks and gloves to gather and prepare you items for pick up. When you have items ready for pick-up, staff will contact you.
When you arrive
- Pull up to the front or side of Irondale Library
- Call 205-951-1415, press 1
- Please remain in your car while we bring out your bagged items
- Once your bag is on the pick-up table, you may exit your car and pick up your bag. Your receipt is in the bag.
- Staff are not allowed to accept returned items handed directly to them. Library returns may be placed in the designated plastic bin in front of the library.
What kind of digital resources are available?
Our digital collection is available instantly, 24/7. Irondale residents have free access to eBooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, online classes, language learning, The New York Times, live tutoring, and more at https://www.irondalelibrary.org/ebooks-and-more/ and https://www.irondalelibrary.org/resources/online-learning/
How do I get help with the app or online services?
Library staff are available Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Call 205-951-1415, listen to the announcement and follow the prompt to reach a staff member. Email us at Librarian@IrondaleLibrary.org
Can I get a card while the library is closed?
Yes, you will be able to open a temporary e-card to access certain online materials. The e-card will not expire until after the library reopens. Visit https://www.jclc.org/aboutjclc/faqs/ecards.aspx to learn more. However, we will not be able to open standard library accounts until we reopen.
What if I didn’t pick up my hold, will it still be there?
All held material still remaining at the time we closed will be held at IPL until we reopen. We will contact patrons whose items were held over the closure when we reopen to notify them that their items can be picked up.
How do I renew items?
All items currently checked have been renewed until June 1. Items will not be due back before we reopen. The library asks that you not return items until then. The book drops have been closed.
Will there be penalties for overdue items?
No, there will be no late fines or other penalties levied on any items currently checked out. Replacement charges for lost or damaged items will still pertain.
What if my library card expires?
Your library card expiration will be extended until after the library reopens. You can also renew your card online at http://www.jclc.org/resources/onlinerenewal.htm.
How do I reset my PIN?
PINs can be reset at https://vulcan.bham.lib.al.us/pinreset. Type in your library card number where indicated and click the submit button. You will receive an email sent to the address associated with your library account with a link to choose a new PIN.
Can I still reserve the Meeting Room?
No, the library building is totally closed to the public.
New information is being rapidly released & the library may further limit operations for the protection of our patrons, our community, and staff.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns: 205-951-1415 or firstname.lastname@example.org.